Username: Password:

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: any experience with Lee Pro 1000???  (Read 1169 times)

Offline DaveG5150

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New to AGO
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
any experience with Lee Pro 1000???
« on: April 22, 2013, 11:06:30 pm »
me and my father in law recently scored a good deal (we thought) on a Lee Pro 1000 press, slightly used condition...

we are doing our best to try to set it up, but the instructions leave somewhat to be desired...

that being said, i was hoping to find someone local who has one, and might let us see it, or possibly come look at ours and see if it's all there...

we have Orr's trying to order the plates and dies, etc. that we want for it... hoping maybe to have it in the next month or so...

anybody??? :)

thanks in advance for consideration!!!

...Dave

Offline claw619

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: any experience with Lee Pro 1000???
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 05:49:06 am »
I have used that press a ton. I am not local'ish. I live in Pampa otherwise I would run out and show you guys. Check on youtube. They have a ton of setup videos to choose from and they should get you on the right track. One thing of note with that press, as soon as I tried some .223 in it the plastic gears stripped out bad. Stick to smaller pistol calibers and you should be fine.
I tend to learn something and move on. That way I am not stuck at some destination.

Offline txwildflower45

• Donating Member
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 04:54:05 pm »
I have used that press a ton. I am not local'ish. I live in Pampa otherwise I would run out and show you guys. Check on youtube. They have a ton of setup videos to choose from and they should get you on the right track. One thing of note with that press, as soon as I tried some .223 in it the plastic gears stripped out bad. Stick to smaller pistol calibers and you should be fine.

x2 for youtube, a ton of good info to be found there
Another day in this carnival of souls
Another night settles in as quickly as it goes
The memories are shadows, ink on the page
And I can't seem to find my way home

Offline joshua79109

• Donating Member
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 09:04:57 am »
Dave,

I don't have that press, but I've been at it a while now. 

If you think I may be able to help or answer any questions send me a pm.

I would also suggest starting with a few books that may help.  There are many out there to choose from. 

A few that helped me were:

ABCs of Reloading by Rodney James

&

Modern Reloading by Richard Lee

It's also a good idea to have some reloading books to be able to verify load info. 
Joshua 24:14-15

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Offline DaveG5150

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New to AGO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 08:56:40 pm »
thanks for the advice, we will continue to look at youtube vids...

Claw, if you ever make a trip to amarillo and wouldn't mind, we would love to have you take a few minutes to see if we're on the right track...

the press is being set up at my Father in law's shop where he is most of the day during the week and usually on saturdays, too...
just let me know, here...

...Dave

Offline claw619

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 08:46:08 am »
thanks for the advice, we will continue to look at youtube vids...

Claw, if you ever make a trip to amarillo and wouldn't mind, we would love to have you take a few minutes to see if we're on the right track...

the press is being set up at my Father in law's shop where he is most of the day during the week and usually on saturdays, too...
just let me know, here...

...Dave

Well hell. I wouldn't mind making the trip. I get down to Amarillo time to time working on the hospital helicopter down there. I am about to step out the door for Ft Worth. I will be gone for two weeks. When I get back I will drop you a line and see if I can still be of any help.
I tend to learn something and move on. That way I am not stuck at some destination.