Username: Password:

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: blood on both sides  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Livinatthe River

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 0
  • hunt or be hunted
    • View Profile
blood on both sides
« on: August 14, 2009, 12:34:11 am »
I'm heading in to my therd year bow hunting with tons still to learn.

When I first started I had a few old rusty broadheads, but soon found the tips to be more important and jumped on the newest thing, Rage Expandable.I liked the idea of the Rage but again,as I read more I found a razers edge was the key to a clean pass thruogh. This was intresting to me cuz my first year bow hunting I wounded a deer with lesser gear and wanted to set a standerd of clean kills.
 Back to the pass through, a deer that bleeds out both sides is a deer that will die faster and be easy to track. A broadhead, that is so sharp you are scared of it, is ideal.

The best way to get a broadhead sharp is to do it your self, and tons of guys on here are do it your self dudes so that goes hand and hand. There are tools you can buy to get your broadheads sharp.

There are many new broadheads to choose from but in my veiw you cant get better than the solid blades you can fine tune your self, as opposed to somthing like the Rage.With the Rage you cant sharpen them and some others have fowlable parts like rubber bands.

So for me it's use the best gear,have sharp broadheads and take a good shot I know I can make, that will produce a pass through. I have changed some things on my bow this year, but again this year I know I will only use  the G5 solid blade broad heads. Last year it was the G5 montech and this year they have the same thing but in steel.

READY TO HUNT :rockout:
hunting guns
hunting bows     hunting gear
hunting optics

Dinkidao

Re: blood on both sides
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 05:29:32 am »
Sounds like you are on the right track.  Most people do not understand the many variables involved in bowhunting.  I hunted with a bow exclusively for several years before I stopped hunting altogether.  It was my 5th year of bowhunting before I killed my first buck with a bow, but have taken many deer, turkey, hogs, and rabbits since.

Mizark

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 10:20:54 am »
Thunderhead 125's are a great solid broadhead. Ive killed many deer and elk using them. I use one set of blades to practice with then on the first morning before heading out I swap them out with new hair shaving fresh ones. It makes a huge difference when you don't have to worry about penetration. I hit a cow elk in the front shoulder about 2 seasons ago. It broke the shoulder bone and penetrated deep enough to hit both lungs. The old girl only went about 30yds before she dropped. I was impressed. Its always important to be able to trust your equipment.

Offline lil-red-ryder

• Donating Member
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 03:09:00 pm »
I'll second that I always practice with one set of blades and hunt with a new set. I like the fixed blade broadheads too I've never been to crazy about the expandables.

Offline Livinatthe River

• Super Gun Enthusiast
  • hunt or be hunted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 06:17:36 pm »
I also practice with an old broadhead. It semms though with the speed of the bows that my feild tips fly like my broad heads so I use the field tips most of the year at the shoots and even right up to bow season. About this time of year we get out our practice broad heads and shoot two of them along with four field points,fine tuning the bow to the broad heads. This helps save the targets allthough we usauly need a new one at the end of the year.
hunting guns
hunting bows     hunting gear
hunting optics

Offline flb_78

• AGO 5-0
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Always watching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 08:36:25 pm »
The Gobbler Guillotine.

Gobbler Guillotine

Mizark

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 10:07:31 pm »
The Gobbler Guillotine.

Gobbler Guillotine

The most amazingly awesome thing I have ever seen!

Offline LSU Tiger in West Texas

• Gun Enthusiast
  • Who Dat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 11:27:42 pm »
Coming Soon....the new home defense version....THE DOUCHEBAG DECAPITATOR!   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously though, that is AWESOME!!  :rockout: :rockout:
Who Dat? Who Dat? Who Dat Say Dey Gonna Beat Dem Saints!

Offline uudfourty

• Donating Member
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 03:30:58 pm »
THE DOUCHEBAG DECAPITATOR!   

*douchebags sold separately.
foUr --> foUrteen --> foUrty.

It's not the world that needs saving, it's the human spirit that's in jeopardy.