Username: Password:

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Gun broker  (Read 1755 times)

Offline pretzel

• Trade Count: (26)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 6
  • Airborne Ranger
    • View Profile
Gun broker
« on: October 07, 2015, 09:59:04 am »
Is anyone else fed up with gunbroker. They let people list guns at a crazy high price and never get a bid. It is impossible to establish a price on a gun. Sellers look at the asking price and think its what its bringing.  Just saying!
I carry a gun, I do
not to protect me, but you!
me Chief Iwanapokayote---aka the Grim Yotereaper, in a earlier life Von-yote-pokes-alot

Offline TMILLER

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Gun broker
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 11:08:40 am »
Agreed, I don't even look if there are no bids.

Offline crashdummy

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 12:04:37 pm »
Same thing on EBAY, want to be dealers and estate brokers. Some of their item descriptions are funny as they dont have a clue as to  what they have.
People quote "gunbroker prices" but as Larry said, asking or starting  prices are dreams.  The selling price is what counts.  They just keep runnning the same thing over and over.
Many Gunbroker clients are pawn shops.

Offline Lano

• Donating Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 03:38:09 pm »

I could not agree more.  Most of the items are never bid on.  That should tell the sellers that they are too high.  I have bought off of Gunbroker.  You have to add in the cost of the FFL and shipping to the price of the firearm.  Then decide if you are getting a good deal or not.  I do not even want to discuss what some people want to ship a firearm.  Outrageous!
"The enemy never sees the backs of my Texans."  -General Robert E. Lee

Offline gunjunkie

• Donating Member
  • Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 10:55:31 am »
I've got some good deals there, on guns I'd have never found around here.
When the listing price is too high, I figure they're after suckers, and move on.
Anytime people are selling stuff there will be some overpriced items.
I've seen it plenty of times on this site even.
"He who knows nothing is nearer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehood and errors."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline pretzel

• Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Airborne Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 12:32:06 pm »
I've got some good deals there, on guns I'd have never found around here.
When the listing price is too high, I figure they're after suckers, and move on.
Anytime people are selling stuff there will be some overpriced items.
I've seen it plenty of times on this site even.
I have to go-on for several pages to try to establish a worth of a gun. And if you have a  slow internet it gets quite annoying. If a GB client has listed it 49 times and no one has bid up to the reserve or met the starting price. they should not be allowed to continue listing it. Seems its becoming a 'who can ask more than the other'  type of atmosphere there.
I carry a gun, I do
me Chief Iwanapokayote---aka the Grim Yotereaper, in a earlier life Von-yote-pokes-alot

Offline machinegunnertim

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 01:53:00 am »
I never look there for guns or ammo anymore. What is wrong with the sellers on G.B.? They are just as bad as the local gunshow sellers.

On rare occasion I only use it to find other items or hard to find guns that are no longer made.

Offline pretzel

• Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Airborne Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 04:22:58 pm »
I am really PO'd at a seller on GB. I bought a hard to find gun at the buy it now price. Sent the money his way and his partner calls and says he  sold it 4 days ago. That is just not acceptable. I think there will be HELL to pay when I get through with that bunch.
I carry a gun, I do

Offline gunjunkie

• Donating Member
  • Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 07:42:54 pm »
I am really PO'd at a seller on GB. I bought a hard to find gun at the buy it now price. Sent the money his way and his partner calls and says he  sold it 4 days ago. That is just not acceptable. I think there will be HELL to pay when I get through with that bunch.

That's not right at all.
Surely GB won't let them get away with that, once they get wind of it. I hope, anyway.
Let us know how they deal with it.
"He who knows nothing is nearer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehood and errors."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline pretzel

• Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Airborne Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 09:07:18 pm »

That's not right at all.
Surely GB won't let them get away with that, once they get wind of it. I hope, anyway.
Let us know how they deal with it.
After talking to his accomplice in this deal , it seems that the seller did not own the gun and was somehow trying to broker it. I think he saw it at a gun shop and took pics and listed it. hoping to run down and buy it if it sold. I may be wrong on this one but it sure smells.
I carry a gun, I do

Offline Lano

• Donating Member
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 08:44:01 am »

Larry, I do hope you have reported this to gun broker.  While I whole heartily agree about the prices on gunbroker,  I have never had any problem like this.  Smells like yesterday's socks. 

Offline pretzel

• Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Airborne Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 10:51:16 am »

Larry, I do hope you have reported this to gun broker.  While I whole heartily agree about the prices on gunbroker,  I have never had any problem like this.  Smells like yesterday's socks.
It seems that you cannot file a fraud report on GB unless the seller took money and did not deliver a product. This seller sold a gun on the second day of a sale and it had already been sold by the owner 4 days prior to me buying it. if this is not fraud I dont know what is. What are your thoughts? He listed a gun that was sold 2 days before he listed it. At the least he got a bad feedback.
I carry a gun, I do

Offline rdm

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2015, 11:46:59 am »
I had a problem with them,found a scope i wanted and at a very good price.bought the scope online with credit card,week later still no scope.checked my credit card and sure enough they had charged me for it.called customer service and talked to lady,she said they could not sell the scope for the price that was listed as they would be losing money.told her i wanted my money back and was going to give them bad feedback on the site.she became very rude and said "be careful what you say it could be construed as slander and i could be liable".really they messed up and now are going to threaten me!!!well i posted the feedback anyway.did not get my money back for almost a month.i will never do business with them again.

Offline Lano

• Donating Member
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 07:00:39 pm »
.she became very rude and said "be careful what you say it could be construed as slander and i could be liable".

I keep hearing this more and more.  People are suing if you give them a bad review.  Their defense is that it hurts their business.  Well it should!  Tell me what is wrong if you can not give an honest opinion on the internet? 

This really makes a person nervous about sending their money to someone they have never met for an object they have never actually seen.  The beauty of internet shopping is that you have much more of a selection, condition, and price.  When the less than honest people get involved, we have lost that. 

Offline pretzel

• Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Airborne Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2015, 09:11:46 am »
I had a problem with them,found a scope i wanted and at a very good price.bought the scope online with credit card,week later still no scope.checked my credit card and sure enough they had charged me for it.called customer service and talked to lady,she said they could not sell the scope for the price that was listed as they would be losing money.told her i wanted my money back and was going to give them bad feedback on the site.she became very rude and said "be careful what you say it could be construed as slander and i could be liable".really they messed up and now are going to threaten me!!!well i posted the feedback anyway.did not get my money back for almost a month.i will never do business with them again.
I gave this guy that screwed me a really bad feedback, I dont care. If he wants to sue me , go after it. He will end up paying my lawyer fees in the end. this is not my first rodeo.
I carry a gun, I do

Offline pretzel

• Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Airborne Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2015, 12:51:05 pm »
I have started sending these sellers a note asking if they own the firearm they are selling. I am not getting many responses back. I called a guy that had one for sale and it turned out he was just a broker for an estate. These people dont care if it sells or not. they just want to make a free buck with no gamble on their part. I am looking for a site that is a little more legit.
I carry a gun, I do