Username: Password:

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Pantex FCU in Borger posted 30.07  (Read 124 times)

Offline chartreuse

• AGO 5-0
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
Pantex FCU in Borger posted 30.07
« on: April 18, 2017, 06:32:45 pm »
So, I went in to the credit union today. I knew, from last time I was there, that it was posted so I left my sidearm in the truck.

The teller saw my empty holster and said "Thank you for doing that." The rest of the conversation went like this:

Me: No problem, but may I ask why y'all decided to post it?
Her: Well, when somebody comes in openly carrying a gun we don't know whether they're a law abiding customer like you or someone set on robbing us.
Me: I'll let you in on a little secret - criminals don't obey signs. They don't even have holsters, most of the time. All that you've achieved is to remove my ability to protect you in the event of a robbery. I guess I could try to jump in front of the bullet, but I'm just not as fast as I used to be, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I really do wonder what led them to post the signs? Neither Happy State Bank, where I do my business banking, nor Amarillo National Bank, where I have my safety deposit box are posted, so why Pantex FCU?

Maybe I'll write the head honcho (or honchette, iirc) and ask.
A kitten told me to do it.

Offline likemindead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 0
  • Back Home In Texas
    • View Profile
    • {musings}
Re: Pantex FCU in Borger posted 30.07
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 10:53:00 am »
We use the People's Federal Credit Union in Amarillo & they have signs posted. :-\
I see that there is evil, and I know that there is good, and the in-betweens I've never understood....

Offline ShootinFun

• Donating Member
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Pantex FCU in Borger posted 30.07
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 12:42:36 pm »
Closed my account at Amarillo Community Federal credit Union  after 32 years, when I found they had 30.06 signs.