Username: Password:

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Pantex FCU in Borger posted 30.07  (Read 286 times)

Offline chartreuse

• AGO 5-0
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
Pantex FCU in Borger posted 30.07
« on: April 18, 2017, 06:32:45 pm »
So, I went in to the credit union today. I knew, from last time I was there, that it was posted so I left my sidearm in the truck.

The teller saw my empty holster and said "Thank you for doing that." The rest of the conversation went like this:

Me: No problem, but may I ask why y'all decided to post it?
Her: Well, when somebody comes in openly carrying a gun we don't know whether they're a law abiding customer like you or someone set on robbing us.
Me: I'll let you in on a little secret - criminals don't obey signs. They don't even have holsters, most of the time. All that you've achieved is to remove my ability to protect you in the event of a robbery. I guess I could try to jump in front of the bullet, but I'm just not as fast as I used to be, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I really do wonder what led them to post the signs? Neither Happy State Bank, where I do my business banking, nor Amarillo National Bank, where I have my safety deposit box are posted, so why Pantex FCU?

Maybe I'll write the head honcho (or honchette, iirc) and ask.
A kitten told me to do it.

Offline likemindead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 0
  • Back Home In Texas
    • View Profile
    • {musings}
Re: Pantex FCU in Borger posted 30.07
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 10:53:00 am »
We use the People's Federal Credit Union in Amarillo & they have signs posted. :-\
I see that there is evil, and I know that there is good, and the in-betweens I've never understood....

Offline ShootinFun

• Donating Member
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 12:42:36 pm »
Closed my account at Amarillo Community Federal credit Union  after 32 years, when I found they had 30.06 signs.

Offline Anonymous

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 07:26:06 am »
Unfortunately, there are more and more signs popping up.
It's always better to have guns around and not need them, than to need then and not have them.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  ....General James "Mad Dog" Mattis