Username: Password:

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Charter Arms Pitbull 45acp  (Read 407 times)

Offline 10mm Shooter

• Donating Member
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 0
  • "The existence of life is highly overrated"
    • View Profile
    • Join the NRA
Charter Arms Pitbull 45acp
« on: December 18, 2017, 07:29:41 am »
The idea of a 2.5" revolver chambered in 45acp just appeals to me. This one has been on my radar for a while and I finally "pulled the trigger" on it. The finish is rough with some very sharp edges - it is definitely not a S&W or a Ruger, but its function is spot on. I have fired around 200 rounds through it and I am very pleased with the results. I shot 200gr LSWC, 230gr ball, 200 gr Hornady XTP, and 185gr Berry's FP through it and all shot well.

The CA Pitbull does not use moon clips. It has a mechanism that locks the round in the cylinder. It takes some practice to load and a fast reload is out of the question. Ejecting the fired rounds is the same as any other revolver - no problems there. The single action trigger was very good, but the double action trigger needs a little improvement - not bad, but not great.

I would rate it a 4 out of 5 - deducting 1 point for the finish. It would make a great CCW if you wanted to carry a large bore revolver. It is lightweight (20 oz - empty) and shoots the 45acp...

"Occasionally, those who don't socialize much aren't actually anti-social... They just have no tolerance for drama, stupidity, and fake people…"

Offline Lono122

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Charter Arms Pitbull 45acp
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 07:04:04 pm »
I have a Ruger New Vaquero chambered in 45 acp- i like it.

Have you discovered you can carry a 1911 mag in your pocket for faster reloads? it makes loading quite a bit faster - even though I have to empty and load through a gate. But being able to just push and drop a round quickly is nice.

Offline lurker

• AGO 5-0
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Charter Arms Pitbull 45acp
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 07:24:37 pm »
Nice!