Username: Password:

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Obamas Bow  (Read 5423 times)

Offline Livinatthe River

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 0
  • hunt or be hunted
    • View Profile
Obamas Bow
« on: November 16, 2009, 09:22:20 pm »
for a second I thought I was going to find a reason to really get on his side

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33978533/ns/politics-white_house/
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 09:45:02 pm by Livinatthe River »
hunting guns
hunting bows     hunting gear
hunting optics

Offline chartreuse

• AGO 5-0
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Obamas Bow
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 09:24:19 pm »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Very good!
A kitten told me to do it.

Offline countrymusicjdb

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 09:51:40 pm »
jackass
Well boys I've got 4 bullets and there's 3 of y'all, who wants to get shot twice

Offline txwildflower45

• Donating Member
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 10:36:17 pm »
Did ya'll feel that? I think our Founding Fathers just rolled over in ther graves.
Another day in this carnival of souls
Another night settles in as quickly as it goes
The memories are shadows, ink on the page
And I can't seem to find my way home

Offline uudfourty

• Donating Member
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 03:22:31 pm »

Just sayin'.

Not the first time.

Won't be the last.

Lest we forget:

I'm not an Obama defender.
He's as shady as any of the rest of 'em.
I think our political system is shot and needs to be fixed. Badly.

But it troubles me whenever people think that the attitude of the most visible representative United States should be one of arrogance, or even ambiguity, rather than respect. Maybe I'm crazy, but walking around flexing your nuts all of the time isn't my idea of good foreign policy. Or maybe I'm just not afraid of every little thing that might go boom.

I'm not picking on you, txwildflower, because you're not the first person I've seen make such a remark, but can someone please direct me to the constitutional article that suggests that the president giving a respectful bow to a leader in an Eastern nation is a highly objectionable action?
Maybe I'm missing a page from my copy.

It's not like he flew over there to give him a BJ.

Any time someone says "rabbble rabble rabble founding fathers!!" they should have to qualify their statement with some support. Otherwise, it's just hearsay.

Which "founding fathers," anyway?
Some of them had opposing views on a number of issues, so putting them all together is like saying "people from the late 1700s would be rolling in their graves!"

The "founding fathers" qualifier is a poor one. Especially when no evidence is presented to back it up.

China is an utterly messed-up place. We can all agree on that.

But, it's an utterly messed-up place without which our economy and way of life would be impossible.

If we all think it's such a jackass thing to do to pay a little respect to the producer of damn near everything we buy in this country, then maybe we should quit buying.

You first. 
foUr --> foUrteen --> foUrty.

It's not the world that needs saving, it's the human spirit that's in jeopardy.

Offline countrymusicjdb

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 04:25:57 pm »
im not saying hes a jackass for bowing im saying hes a jackass for practically bending over and kissing his shoes. Every other picture u posted the president was bowed what maybe 30 degrees. obama was bowed almost a full 90 ! he looks like he is getting ready to give the guy a BJ hes about 4 inches from it. Im all for respect, anyone that knows me will tell u that im prob the most respectful 24 yr old u have ever meant but you can respect someone with making yourself look inferior. I dont have any problems with china so i will continue to buy anything they make that i like and u can do whatever u like
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 04:49:05 pm by countrymusicjdb »
Well boys I've got 4 bullets and there's 3 of y'all, who wants to get shot twice

Offline butters

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 05:02:13 pm »
the comment about the founding fathers is a joke ment to be sarcastic but aparently you didnt get that or you wouldnt be "picking on her" statement there uufourty,she didnt mention anything about the contistution or anything held therein. and i do think the president should show respect of other cultures and traditions when they are in whatever country other then our own but there is a diffrence in showing respect for other cultures or kissing their ass and apologizing for how bad the USA is and how bad we screwed up the rest of the world

did you happen to notice the hand shake that went with the bow,not respectful
Rule with an iron fist, in a velvet glove, resting on the butt of a rifle.

Luck all depends on which side of the shotgun you are standing on!

Offline txwildflower45

• Donating Member
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 07:53:28 pm »

Just sayin'.

Not the first time.

Won't be the last.

Lest we forget:

I'm not an Obama defender.
He's as shady as any of the rest of 'em.
I think our political system is shot and needs to be fixed. Badly.

But it troubles me whenever people think that the attitude of the most visible representative United States should be one of arrogance, or even ambiguity, rather than respect. Maybe I'm crazy, but walking around flexing your nuts all of the time isn't my idea of good foreign policy. Or maybe I'm just not afraid of every little thing that might go boom.

I'm not picking on you, txwildflower, because you're not the first person I've seen make such a remark, but can someone please direct me to the constitutional article that suggests that the president giving a respectful bow to a leader in an Eastern nation is a highly objectionable action?
Maybe I'm missing a page from my copy.

It's not like he flew over there to give him a BJ.

Any time someone says "rabbble rabble rabble founding fathers!!" they should have to qualify their statement with some support. Otherwise, it's just hearsay.

Which "founding fathers," anyway?
Some of them had opposing views on a number of issues, so putting them all together is like saying "people from the late 1700s would be rolling in their graves!"

The "founding fathers" qualifier is a poor one. Especially when no evidence is presented to back it up.

China is an utterly messed-up place. We can all agree on that.

But, it's an utterly messed-up place without which our economy and way of life would be impossible.

If we all think it's such a jackass thing to do to pay a little respect to the producer of damn near everything we buy in this country, then maybe we should quit buying.

You first. 
For one it kind of hard to take you at your word about not picking on me when you specifically mention me and only me by name. 
im not saying hes a jackass for bowing im saying hes a jackass for practically bending over and kissing his shoes. Every other picture u posted the president was bowed what maybe 30 degrees. obama was bowed almost a full 90 ! he looks like he is getting ready to give the guy a BJ hes about 4 inches from it. Im all for respect, anyone that knows me will tell u that im prob the most respectful 24 yr old u have ever meant but you can respect someone with making yourself look inferior. I dont have any problems with china so i will continue to buy anything they make that i like and u can do whatever u like

Thank you for making my point regarding the degree of the bow, countrymusicjdb, and let me add there is a difference between a bow out of respect and observance of a local custom and bowing in reverence to the person which is what he looks like he is doing to me.
the comment about the founding fathers is a joke ment to be sarcastic but aparently you didnt get that or you wouldnt be "picking on her" statement there uufourty,she didnt mention anything about the contistution or anything held therein. and i do think the president should show respect of other cultures and traditions when they are in whatever country other then our own but there is a diffrence in showing respect for other cultures or kissing their ass and apologizing for how bad the USA is and how bad we screwed up the rest of the world

did you happen to notice the hand shake that went with the bow,not respectful

And yes, it was sarcasm, glad somebody got it.  and the bow probably wouldn't have ended up being such a big thing if he wasn't going around apoligizing and kissing the ass of every country that doesn't like us.
Another day in this carnival of souls
Another night settles in as quickly as it goes
The memories are shadows, ink on the page
And I can't seem to find my way home

Offline uudfourty

• Donating Member
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 08:27:14 pm »
I genuinely missed the sarcasm, and I genuinely was not directing any of this specifically at txwildflower alone. I'm not out to cheese anyone off here. I thought I understood, but I didn't.   :-[

I made it a point to say that I was addressing the idea that throwing "the founding fathers wouldn't like it" on something is a poor qualifier.  I thought I was clear, but I wasn't.

I know she didn't mention the Constitution. That was part of my point. People throw the blanket "founding fathers" statement around all the time with no reference to what would actually give some support to the statement. She was joking-- fine, but a lot of people aren't. Just trying to illuminate some poor argumentation here... that's all.

When dealing with the founding fathers and the conduct of an American president, what do we have to link the two together? The Constitution.

If I had understood more clearly, we wouldn't even be discussing this. I didn't get it, so we got some ruffled feathers for no reason. My bad.

Look, Ma. I drew a picture:

Next slide, please:

Not 90 degrees.
I know it's what Sean Hannity said, but it looks like we're going to have to play "ignore the truth" if we want to keep the 90* bit up.

It's a big bow. Yes. I agree. It's a much larger bow than what other presidents have given.

How is that kissing someone's ass?
Apparently 30* is okay.
Does the line break at 45*?

Where is the handbook on ass kissing versus respectful bowing? And, more importantly, what difference does it make?

Is a dang olt terrah'st gunna come git us ifn' our president bows down too fer?

Is that dang olt China gunna come git us ifn' we 'pologize for our irreverent, unregulated and irresponsible spending habits, which put undue strain on the dollar and aided in precipitating a world-wide credit shortage?

No. It makes no difference. If anything, it makes Obama look like he bows too much.

But so what?
Does anyone REALLY think that this changes the motivations of the people who REALLY want to hurt us?

The people who have been brainwashed since birth to think that anyone who is not a Muslim should convert or die-- is the degree of Obama's bow going to be what makes them blow up a busload of Mormons in a WalMart parking lot?
Really?
Come on.

If Obama's bow makes us look weak, then Bush's inability to remember simple adage, or understand subject/verb agreement makes us look like illiterate hillbillies incapable of finding our way out of an endless war in a faraway... wait....

Aside from giving me something to prattle on about tonight... how far down 'bama bows is pretty meaningless.

Let me make this perfectly clear to those of you who might like jumping to conclusions-- I don't like Obama. I didn't vote for him and I won't if I'm given the choice. I don't make it a habit of defending him. I do make it a habit of pointing out poor and distracting arguments.
Don't think I don't realize how unpopular some of my ideas are. That's not enough to silence them. :)

Offline uudfourty

• Donating Member
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 08:30:48 pm »
Quote from: txwildflower45
For one it kind of hard to take you at your word about not picking on me when you specifically mention me and only me by name. 

Dude... you were the only one who said anything about founding fathers.
If I didn't say your name you likely would have assumed that I was talking about you.
I made it a specific point to say that I was not picking on you and that I had heard others say similar things.
I further went on to discuss the argument in general. Not even in this specific application, so how could that be picking on you?
Really.

Offline uudfourty

• Donating Member
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 08:41:43 pm »
and the bow probably wouldn't have ended up being such a big thing if he wasn't going around apoligizing and kissing the ass of every country that doesn't like us.

It would equally not be a big thing if the media wasn't making it a big deal.

I guess I'm not up on the news. Which apologies are those, and for which actions? I don't want the ones that Limbaugh claims happened, either. I want to know who was apologized to and for what actions.
And was that apology justified?

GASP!

I am 100% serious here when I say that I am not picking on you. The "apologizing/ hates America/ kissing other countries' asses" thing is thrown around all of the time.
I'm just asking, from someone who suggests that this is the case:
Whose ass is being kissed specifically here?
Kim Jong Ill?
Is he kissing Karzai's ass?
Is he kissing Ahmadinejad's ass?

Educate me.  Seriously. Everyone around me seems so convinced that this is going on, but I am just not seeing it. Someone point me in the right direction.
Someone take me to school here.

Offline flb_78

• AGO 5-0
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Always watching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 08:53:56 pm »
All of you are wrong,

he bowed to the Emperor of Japan, not the Communist leaders of China.

Offline uudfourty

• Donating Member
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 08:58:31 pm »
Wwwwwwwwwoops.

But that in no way negates my commentary on other topics...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 09:00:35 pm by uudfourty »

Offline Livinatthe River

• Super Gun Enthusiast
  • hunt or be hunted
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 09:00:57 pm »
I think the bow was meant to show respect. I think something was said about it being disrespectful to make body contact while bowing though. But whatever the case I think it wasn't meant to be submissive. And to think this was all me trying to be funny. :rofl:
hunting guns
hunting optics

Offline countrymusicjdb

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 09:13:13 pm »
well to each his own. I dont think he was wrong for bowing and showing respect, that is what they do i just dont think he should have bowed that much he seemed "IM MY OPINION" to lower himself beneath the emperor. My favorite part of ur little rant would be the fact that everyone's opinion is to quote a "poor and distracting arguments". Sorry i dont have to the to draw a red line on a picture to prove me point 

Offline vanillo

• Donating Member
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Done right, dead before they can hear the shot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2009, 10:23:19 pm »
Obama’s bow doesn’t bother me, but his not saluting when the flag passes by or during the anthem does.  He even failed to do this during his inauguration too.
SHOOT: 177&22pellet,22RF,22Hornet,223Rem,243Win,6.5X55,270Win,7-08,30Luger,7.62X39,30-30,308Win,30-06,32S&WLong,338LapuaMag,9X19,380auto,38spcl,357mag,40S&W,45ACP, 45&50muzzle,410,16,20,12&10ga
RELOAD:above reloadable+222RemMag,7X57,30carbine
HUNT: trespasser,grackle,squirrel,coyote&hog

Offline Kim

• Donating Member
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • AGO Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2009, 10:30:55 pm »
Yeah I saw that, kinda pissed me off too.

Offline uudfourty

• Donating Member
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 07:16:04 am »
Yeah.. that's pretty jacked.

Offline Livinatthe River

• Super Gun Enthusiast
  • hunt or be hunted
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2009, 07:15:37 pm »
wow was that just a miss step on his part or what. I mean doesn't everybody know to do that.
hunting guns
hunting optics

Offline RustyShackleford

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2009, 08:48:15 pm »
Wait, did someone just defend Obama on this forum?

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

Offline Livinatthe River

• Super Gun Enthusiast
  • hunt or be hunted
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 08:53:30 pm »
I'm just saying he is older than me and I learned to put the hand on hart when I was in school. Wasn't that tought in his school. Or is there truth to the Birthers argument?
hunting guns
hunting optics

Offline vanillo

• Donating Member
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Done right, dead before they can hear the shot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2010, 12:27:17 pm »
And he doesn't display the flag at his news conferences like all past presidents have done. >:(
SHOOT: 177&22pellet,22RF,22Hornet,223Rem,243Win,6.5X55,270Win,7-08,30Luger,7.62X39,30-30,308Win,30-06,32S&WLong,338LapuaMag,9X19,380auto,38spcl,357mag,40S&W,45ACP, 45&50muzzle,410,16,20,12&10ga
RELOAD:above reloadable+222RemMag,7X57,30carbine
HUNT: trespasser,grackle,squirrel,coyote&hog

Offline Jamey

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2010, 01:18:51 pm »
How the hell did I miss this thread?!? :rofl:

Regarding the pic labeled "simple geometry"

I offer this pic...

:lol:

Then I fixed your pic...retitled it, too  ;D

Blue line of truth shows the bowing of the head from those weakass little shoulders, obviously exceeding even the Hannitized 90° description.

I'm just sayin  ;D

Offline Jamey

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2010, 01:21:36 pm »
And he doesn't display the flag at his news conferences like all past presidents have done. >:(

For what it's worth...I think he did display American flags from the Oval Office, when he recently declared war on beached tar balls. What a guy, eh? :lol:

Dinkidao

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010, 02:13:06 pm »
Well, I thought it was going to be about bow hunting... ???

Nevertheless, the deeper the bow the greater the respect.  However, it is disrepectful to make bodily contact at the same time.  So, a kind of mixed message.

I was further surprised that some of you didn't distinguish between China and Japan.

And Vanillo, the photo you presented supposedly taken at the 2009 Veterans Day ceremony is incorrect.  It was actually taken several months earlier at the Arlington Memorial Cemetery's Amphitheater.

Just another example of a lot of people jumping on a bandwagon of which they know little of.

Just to keep the record straight, I don't like the SOB.