Username: Password:

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Gun ranges and clubs in Amarillo  (Read 7507 times)

Offline rebelmax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
Gun ranges and clubs in Amarillo
« on: January 13, 2010, 07:57:02 pm »
Alright I'm getting tired or goin to phgs to shoot! Wondering if there are any clubs or public ranges here in town? I'd like to join a club but I hear it's kinda a hassle sometimes. Any info helps thanks

Offline LSU Tiger in West Texas

• Gun Enthusiast
  • Who Dat!
    • View Profile
Re: Gun ranges and clubs in Amarillo
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 08:20:01 pm »
Let's Shoot Gun Club is located on Line Ave, one block east of Georgia.  The dues are $100 for the full year, for the entire family.  You have to be an active NRA member. If you aren't yet, you can join at the meeting with a group discount. The facility used to be a Navy Armory, I believe.  You can fire most caliber handguns there, but not bigger than.44. You can also fire .22 rifles. No .17s, no rifles higher than .22 and no shotguns.  Meetings are on the first Saturday of the month at 8:30 and it's best to get there a little early to get a seat.  After the meetings they have new applicants stick around to go over range rules, take the range safety test, get their gate and range access keys, get their membership card and then go out to the range building to fire a few rounds to prove that you know which end of the weapon to point downrange.  Their website says that you are supposed to be sponsored by two active members, and if you're planning to go, you can let me know before the meeting (when I joined last summer, they never asked, and there isn't any place on the application to list your sponsors names). There are several other members on here. Also, if you attend enough meetings each year, there is a discount on the following years dues - dropped to $75 I believe.  You can google them for more info.
Who Dat? Who Dat? Who Dat Say Dey Gonna Beat Dem Saints!

Offline countrymusicjdb

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 08:47:14 am »
The city has a range out by the dump (i know but u really cant smell it most of the time) that i like pretty well. its i want to say around 10 bucks a lane maybe, i really cant remember but that got 8 or 9 100 yard lanes 5 or 6 200 yard lanes and maybe 10 or so pistol lanes. its usually nice and layed back i like it out there.
Well boys I've got 4 bullets and there's 3 of y'all, who wants to get shot twice

Offline Wrighton

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 04:32:59 pm »
LSGC is a pretty good deal in my opinion.  I like being able to go shoot without a crowd.  I am usually the only one there on week nights.  Very cool and usually pretty clean.
Thats just crazy talk.

Offline Livinatthe River

• Super Gun Enthusiast
  • hunt or be hunted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 01:44:21 am »
This is surely a dumb ass Q. What would Amarillo need in a Navy Armory, would you not want to stock pile supplies closer to the boats??
hunting guns
hunting bows     hunting gear
hunting optics

BigO

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 09:42:49 am »
How about a place for Navy Reserves to meet without traveling to the coast all the time? I know at one time there was a good-sized group of reserves from the Amarillo area (present company included)  ;D

Offline Randy

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 12:12:25 am »
We toured it when I was a Cub Scout. I can't remember it all that well. But I was really impressed at the time.

Offline cleanview

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • cleanviewamarillo.com
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 05:54:56 am »
Check out Amarillo Rifle and pistol club on western.
And without a doubt the nicest and most up to date one is shooter ready on the way to canyon