Username: Password:

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Did anyone have to evacuate yesterday?  (Read 811 times)

Offline txwildflower45

• Donating Member
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
Did anyone have to evacuate yesterday?
« on: February 28, 2011, 09:07:10 am »
I did not have to but there was fire way closer to my house than was comfortable.  At one point they reported a grass fire that was about 1 mile from my house.  Apparently it was not major and was quickly taken care of, but I did not want to wait around and find out differently the hard way; I loaded up my critters and made tracks north.  I had origninally planned to go stay at my friends house in town, and although she would have welcomed me with open arms I thought it might be a bit crowded with her 7 critters and my 7 critters. lol  So I opted to just go up to were Brett works and just stayed in the car, until I lost phone service and then moved further North to the grocery store and sat in their parking lot for a few hours until they gave the "all clear" for the Southern fires.

So what I learned yesterday was that I can load 5 dogs and 2 cats into my car in less than 5 minutes.  :lol: 
Another day in this carnival of souls
Another night settles in as quickly as it goes
The memories are shadows, ink on the page
And I can't seem to find my way home

Offline amarillobluesman13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Did anyone have to evacuate yesterday?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 10:01:41 am »
Well the one in Timbercreek was close to me...not close enuff that I HAD to evacuate n had I been a bachelor I woulda held out till the last minute lol but seein' as how I gots a family now we took precautionary measures loaded up r important stuff (animals, important papers ect.) n went to my Pops house...