Username: Password:

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Ron Paul fans?  (Read 2250 times)

Stellarvore

• Trade Count: (0)
Ron Paul fans?
« on: December 03, 2011, 12:55:39 am »
Anyone here, other than me [surely a few at least] fans of Ron Paul?  I know there's got to be a few.  I'd be interested in hearing from Gary Johnson supporters or other libertarians as well.

Anyway, the point is that the more I look at our upcoming election, the more forcefully I feel that I can not, in good conscience, support anyone other than Ron Paul for president. 

So, since I haven't seen any activity for his campaign in the Amarillo area, I decided I'd like to spend a little time here and there spreading the word.  I can do this myself, obviously, but why not get together somewhere and talk about what we could do?

I'm free all day on Tuesdays, in the later evening on Wednesdays, and sometimes on Sunday nights.  Otherwise, I'm at work till 11pm or later.

Anyone want to meet somewhere for snacks and a beer or something, and talk about how to spread the word about Ron Paul?

Offline amarillobluesman13

• Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Paul fans?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 10:52:29 am »
I dont follow politics too much these days as I feel its all a big charade but of the things ive heard about Ron Paul he'd get my vote...i men if I felt voting actually did something other than waste my time lol & I find it curious that some candidates get more attention than others n particular parts of the country....

Dinkidao

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 11:42:33 am »
Inform yourself and vote.
If you don't vote, don't complain.

Offline chartreuse

• AGO 5-0
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 01:26:22 pm »
A kitten told me to do it.

Dinkidao

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 03:11:17 pm »

Offline flb_78

• AGO 5-0
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Always watching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 04:48:04 pm »

What if I am informed but there is no one worth voting for?

Offline dawson55

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 05:22:33 pm »
Informed or not a vote not cast.  Well that's as bad as voting for Obama.  Unless we unite behind the republican candidate worthy of a vote or not.  Well we can have four more years of this.

You never know the true definition of mine, until you have children.

Offline uudfourty

• Donating Member
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 07:30:34 am »
If voting made any significant difference, it would be illegal. I think we all recognize that.

But, because I think the principle is a good one, I vote. I wrote in Ron Paul last time, and I'll probably write in Ronald McDonald this time. Same effect.
foUr --> foUrteen --> foUrty.

It's not the world that needs saving, it's the human spirit that's in jeopardy.

Offline pretzel

• Trade Count: (26)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 6
  • Airborne Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 07:46:22 am »
If voting made any significant difference, it would be illegal. I think we all recognize that.

But, because I think the principle is a good one, I vote. I wrote in Ron Paul last time, and I'll probably write in Ronald McDonald this time. Same effect.
LOL
I carry a gun, I do
not to protect me, but you!
me Chief Iwanapokayote---aka the Grim Yotereaper, in a earlier life Von-yote-pokes-alot

Dinkidao

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 08:03:54 am »

You would vote for who you thought to be the best of the lot.  If you don't vote at all, you choose to not participate, and have no right to complain, or even comment on the outcome.  IMHO 

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 09:08:21 am »
Ok so voting (in principal) should be done BUT what good is it when that stupid college I've never known ANYONE to get into makes all the final decisions? Besides EVERY politician has a schpeil....EVERY one of them promises this or that and EVERY one fails to even accomplish ONE promise....so sure they can differentiate themselves during the campaign but as soon as they take that oath they become exactly like the moron before him....what I'm getting at here is that ur essentially voting for the same person over and over and over again which brings me to Einstein's definition of insanity....and I for one am NOT insane... :lol:

Offline gunjunkie

• Donating Member
  • Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 09:32:59 am »

It usually ends up that we're forced to vote for the lesser of evils. I agree with probably 90% of what Paul says, but on the rest I  think he is insane. He says queer marriage ( I don't use gay cause that means happy) should be decided by the states. It shouldn't be allowed at all. How would that work for people that move to another state? He also said that Iran should be able to have nukes because Israel does. In my opinion that's insane.
"He who knows nothing is nearer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehood and errors."
Thomas Jefferson

Dinkidao

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 11:33:28 am »
Ok so voting (in principal) should be done BUT what good is it when that stupid college I've never known ANYONE to get into makes all the final decisions? Besides EVERY politician has a schpeil....EVERY one of them promises this or that and EVERY one fails to even accomplish ONE promise....so sure they can differentiate themselves during the campaign but as soon as they take that oath they become exactly like the moron before him....what I'm getting at here is that ur essentially voting for the same person over and over and over again which brings me to Einstein's definition of insanity....and I for one am NOT insane... :lol:

You forget that I have met you, and the question of your sanity has yet to be determined... :lol:

On a serious note, you are wrong in saying that every elected president fails to accomplish even one of his campaign promises.  They often do accomplish certain things, be we as humans tend to only remember their failures to accomplish those triumphs for which we are in favor.  The greatest obstacal for a sitting president in getting his agenda accomplished is Congress.  If congress is controlled by the opposition party, he is pretty much SOL.  However, when the majority of Congress and president are of the same political party, that president does very well at accomplishing his agenda. 

That is the reason that it doesn't make much sense to vote for a Presidential candidate, and then vote for members of congress that are of a different party.  Don't get me wrong, I have done it at times when I felt that the congressional candidate of the same party would be detrimental to my views, but for the most part I will vote along the same party lines as my candidate for president so that he will actually wield the power of the congressional vote.

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 12:18:17 pm »
 :lol: Touche Dink :lol:

Offline butters

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 12:28:13 pm »
I don't care about parties myself anymore, they have both sold their political souls to the highest bidder.

I vote for who i believe will protect and uphold the rights granted us in the constitution, and i know that it doesn't really matter what the president stands for because of congress like dink said, but it would be nice to have a guy that would actually use the power of veto.

I believe states rights trump federal and that 99% of the bills ogoing around DC are state issues and should be delt with there, of course that leads to electing good candidates at the state level but thats for another discussion.

For me Ron Paul is the one that I believe is that guy I want.
Rule with an iron fist, in a velvet glove, resting on the butt of a rifle.

Luck all depends on which side of the shotgun you are standing on!

Dinkidao

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 12:32:17 pm »
The presidential veto us useless if 2/3 of congress has voted for a particular bill.  He can veto, but it only takes a 2/3 majority to override his veto.

Offline chartreuse

• AGO 5-0
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 01:17:34 pm »
He says queer marriage ( I don't use gay cause that means happy) should be decided by the states. It shouldn't be allowed at all.

Ah, but when you're in the polling place, the question isn't "Do you believe it should be allowed?" The question is "Do you believe that the federal government has any business making every single person in the country's mind up for them?"
A kitten told me to do it.

Offline butters

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 01:27:40 pm »
The presidential veto us useless if 2/3 of congress has voted for a particular bill.  He can veto, but it only takes a 2/3 majority to override his veto.

Yep it is useless unless the congress agrees with the president.

I just believe it would be nice to have a president that would actually use the veto if the bill is not constitutional.
Rule with an iron fist, in a velvet glove, resting on the butt of a rifle.

Luck all depends on which side of the shotgun you are standing on!

Offline Hank45acpHill

• Gun Enthusiast
  • Yep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 02:41:09 pm »

LOL...I agree!  I think I will write in Peter Griffin this time.  It really doesn't matter anyway, whomever is elected will preside over the downfall of the US Dollar and the government of the United States.  I don't really care about the government as it now bears very little resemblance to the constitutional republic that was founded.  What worries me is what is going to take its place.  There is no one alive today, in a place of leadership, that has the education, character or the courage that the founding fathers had. The only solace is to remember that God is still in control.
Deo Vindici 

Offline flb_78

• AGO 5-0
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Always watching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 05:45:22 pm »
You would vote for who you thought to be the best of the lot.  If you don't vote at all, you choose to not participate, and have no right to complain, or even comment on the outcome.  IMHO 

That's ridiculous. That's like telling a woman that she's going to be raped by Bill or by Bob, but she gets the privilege to pick who she gets to be raped by, but if she doesn't pick, she can't complain about being raped.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 05:47:56 pm by flb_78 »

Offline flb_78

• AGO 5-0
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Always watching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 05:55:11 pm »
It usually ends up that we're forced to vote for the lesser of evils. I agree with probably 90% of what Paul says, but on the rest I  think he is insane. He says queer marriage ( I don't use gay cause that means happy) should be decided by the states. It shouldn't be allowed at all. How would that work for people that move to another state? He also said that Iran should be able to have nukes because Israel does. In my opinion that's insane.

The government has no business in the marriage business to begin with. Marriage licensing started out as a control to keep blacks from marrying whites. Now it's just another tax that the government can stick to us. If 2 people can get a preacher to call them a couple, more power to them. It doesn't bother or affect me.

Nukes-Who decides who is allowed to have nukes? I never realized that one country can tell another country what they can or cannot do inside their borders.

That's ok though, we'll just pull all the troops from Iraq and Afghanistan and send them into Iran so we can bomb them to hell and then spend a couple more trillion dollars that we have to borrow from China because America is the world police and we have a giant credit card.

Stellarvore

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2011, 01:09:16 am »
After reading this over, and seeing what I actually have time to do, it might be easier to just chat about this at one of the safety meetings if anyone is interested.  I can promote his stuff on my own, because I really don't have a set schedule or a lot of time/money.