Username: Password:

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: The Texas Militia - Open Meeting  (Read 11888 times)

Offline joshua79109

• Donating Member
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Texas Militia - Open Meeting
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 02:04:49 pm »
There should be no allowance for any group to gather together, wear uniforms, and/or have firearms.  Folks should definitely not have the ability to own firearms that could put them on a level playing field with the police or military, regardless of what our Constitution says.

Heck, for that matter folks should only be able to have a revolver or a pump shotgun and certainly there is no reason folks should get to carry a firearm on them.  It would probably be best to make everyone keep all firearms at a local armory run by the government.  That would certainly be a good way to give all the crazy gun folk a way to keep their right to bear arms without allowing them to be real threats to those around them.

There is certainly no reason to allow others to congregate in these ways, we should all jump on any group that attempts to do so; especially if we don't like the way their web site reads or if we don't find it necessary.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find it amazing how many 'gun folks' have it all figured out, how only their version of freedom is correct.  So many folks will say in one breath how the won't allow others to infringe on their Constitutional rights, but then speak in ways that make it appear they would infringe on others.

Choose to participate, or don't.  Don't infringe on the rights of others though.  Sure we all also have a right to freedom of speech, but we must ensure we are seeing the entire picture and not jumping to conclusions. 

The same sort of thinking that would only allow folks to keep a firearm in a government locker is the same type that leads to other folks infringing on YOUR rights. 

Seem a bit harsh............ good.  I'm just a family man and a fella who honorably served his country so that folks have the chance to exercise their rights, whether I agree with all of them, or not.  If your intentions were good, they would read that way.  This was not aimed at any one person.  If you find yourself thinking that you would not allow these things if you could make those changes, then it is clearly aimed at you.

Joshua 24:14-15

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Offline flb_78

• AGO 5-0
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Always watching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 02:11:40 pm »
If I was still local, I would be interested to go to a meeting just to hear the rhetoric. I doubt I would join because Im not much of a "group" kind of person.

That and I've never seen any type of Camo that'll fit my um...oversized...frame.

Offline rdm

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 02:29:11 pm »
im with dale,would like to hear more about community involment.maybe if this orginization did more to get the word out it would change the stigma of the word "militia" to the general public and maybe would get more people involved.

Stellarvore

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2012, 03:32:28 pm »
There should be no allowance for any group to gather together, wear uniforms, and/or have firearms.  Folks should definitely not have the ability to own firearms that could put them on a level playing field with the police or military, regardless of what our Constitution says.

Heck, for that matter folks should only be able to have a revolver or a pump shotgun and certainly there is no reason folks should get to carry a firearm on them.  It would probably be best to make everyone keep all firearms at a local armory run by the government.  That would certainly be a good way to give all the crazy gun folk a way to keep their right to bear arms without allowing them to be real threats to those around them.

There is certainly no reason to allow others to congregate in these ways, we should all jump on any group that attempts to do so; especially if we don't like the way their web site reads or if we don't find it necessary.

Careful there, some jackass in Washington, or maybe Austin, might read that and start thinking that these are good ideas. 

Offline G21C

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2012, 03:42:09 pm »
I haven't earlier replied to this thread, well, mostly because I'm not in Texas. But I do have several opinions and experiences.
For myself, I personally would not be interested in such membership, primarily, because any affiliation get's one put on a National Security Threat list. Of course, belonging to any environmental group will do the same.
Having said that, I have been very close to "other" state militia's, having friends and co-workers being high ranking and highly involved. Because it was of a time closer to Waco, the groups were much more secretive. One such group, included in it's membership the entire county sherrif's dept. Had there been any regional emergency, or threat, the Sherrif would deputize the membership for additional assistance if needed.
In todays times, I am uncertain if those former groups are still intact.

I am also uncertain of any "cooperative" agreement that could even possibly be reached that would allow such groups to interact viably with other state and federal enforcement groups. In past employment, I have worked alongside various "other" agencies, and I can tell you, I have not met any yet that are NOT extremely "cliquesh". They can have quite the attitude reflected to any outsiders. Especially Federal agencies. It becomes quite obvious they don't want outsiders in their way, so to speak. I was in charge of perimeter security for an emergency ATF operation, I can tell you I would never do that again. It was impossible to maintain the moral of my employee's, with the consistant asshole comments thrown out by the feds every time they would come within earshot.

Also, previous groups I have been familiar with, have all upheld the same initial criteria, and public image. However, I have also personally witnessed that was not always the case, when closer friendships allowed the disclosure of further armanents and stockpiles stashed away that most level III dealers would be highly envious of. That, put at risk, all the other legitimate members that were not aware of this.

So, I have never been an actual member of any of these groups, but I don't exactly feel like they are a negative example either. In some ways I am glad they exist.  For the most part, logic would dictate that they could be invaluable in an invasion scenario. A "Red Dawn" if you like, and I do believe that a similar risk is more likely in todays times than ten or twenty years ago. So, that purpose alone, should justify their continuity. I believe in "States Rights", that every state populace should have the opportunity to decide if their "groups" are appropriate or not. If I find that I am in great disagreement with the consensus of my state, then it should be up to me to move elsewhere, where opinions are more in line.

Stellarvore

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 03:50:26 pm »
I personally would not be interested in such membership, primarily, because any affiliation get's one put on a National Security Threat list

This is also a big part of why I'd be unlikely to join.  I don't want being on some list to interfere with my work opportunities.  Other than the points I made previously about the uniforms, I have no objections to what I've read from this group, and obviously the uniforms comment was my own personal opinion anyway. 

I believe people do have the right to affiliate with whoever they want, and see nothing wrong with having militias.  I also feel skeptical that their services will ever be needed - but as with a gun, it's better to have it and not need it, I suppose.

So, TexasTail, If you're still here, I have an additional question.  How likely do you feel that it is, that local law enforcement or state government would call upon you or other militias for assistance?  Are there any circumstances that you'd activate on your own?  This is not bait.  I'm sure if we suddenly were invaded by China, that all of us would be fighting them any way we can.  Does John Q Public need to worry about you folks, and how can he differentiate you from a regular military unit, from a distance.  For the sake of discussion, assume all people are idiots.  Please answer that as if you were speaking to JQP, not me.  I'm not afraid of any of you, because I don't go out and start fights with people or try to loot stores when there's an emergency.  But JQP, who has no experience with anything but Starbucks and 9-5 at the office, and probably doesn't own a gun...well, he's the one you want to win over.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 03:56:43 pm by Stellarvore »

Offline joshua79109

• Donating Member
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 06:12:01 pm »

Careful there, some jackass in Washington, or maybe Austin, might read that and start thinking that these are good ideas.

True....  I should have listened to the 'inner me' and just kept quiet  :-\

Edited to add:  The sad part is that those are ideas and wordings from the anti side, you know.... the good ideas.  :eat:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:14:40 pm by joshua79109 »

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Stellarvore

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 08:25:49 pm »
Those are idea from anti-gun or anti-gun control people? 

Either way, the idea that we should have the government holding our hands is just unacceptable to me.  Now, if they wanted to come to my house and GIVE me something, like a nice T-bone, we'd be in business.   :rofl:

Offline chartreuse

• AGO 5-0
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2012, 08:39:34 pm »
Now, if they wanted to come to my house and GIVE me something, like a nice T-bone, we'd be in business.   :rofl:

Except that you'd be eating my T-bone. Or somebody's T-bone. But it would definitely be a stolen T-bone.
A kitten told me to do it.

Stellarvore

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2012, 08:59:29 pm »
I support the redistribution of beef, when it's being redistributed to me.   >:D

Offline chartreuse

• AGO 5-0
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2012, 09:44:18 pm »
I support the redistribution of beef, when it's being redistributed to me.   >:D

I forsee a bright future in politics for you.

Also, possibly, something involving a rope and a lamppost...  :lol:
A kitten told me to do it.

Stellarvore

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2012, 10:45:23 pm »
That could happen tomorrow.  Depends on what girl's father doesn't like me and all.  You know how it goes. 

Speaking of beef...I have brisket tacos waiting for me at home. 

Offline loaded

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2012, 08:27:06 pm »
This has been an interesting thread that's for sure.  Obviously your group is trying to serve the people of Texas and I thank you for that.

Unfortunately, I believe in these days and times things will get far worse before they get better.  The day will likely come when our police, military and government are against us exercising even what we consider to be the most basic of liberties... If it is not so already.  When that day comes, a voluntary military like the Texas Militia, with a mission of blind assistance, will just add to the pressures against patriots and will be yet one more hurdle to overcome on the road to true liberty being restored.  Frankly, I am frankly not worried about Canada or Mexico or Iran but am most concerned about the tyrants in D.C. stealing what freedom we have left.

I hope and pray the course that we're on changes direction.  I thank you for your service but please understand... the uniforms who pound on my door will be looking down the barrel of my rifle.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction

Dinkidao

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2012, 02:23:51 pm »
This has been an interesting thread that's for sure.  Obviously your group is trying to serve the people of Texas and I thank you for that.

Unfortunately, I believe in these days and times things will get far worse before they get better.  The day will likely come when our police, military and government are against us exercising even what we consider to be the most basic of liberties... If it is not so already.  When that day comes, a voluntary military like the Texas Militia, with a mission of blind assistance, will just add to the pressures against patriots and will be yet one more hurdle to overcome on the road to true liberty being restored.  Frankly, I am frankly not worried about Canada or Mexico or Iran but am most concerned about the tyrants in D.C. stealing what freedom we have left.

I hope and pray the course that we're on changes direction.  I thank you for your service but please understand... the uniforms who pound on my door will be looking down the barrel of my rifle.

I have kept quiet in this thread for personal reasons, but I agree with most of what you have stated here in this post.  Unfortunately, your last paragraph is how many of our members feel.  And because of that, they will not be able to withstand the onslaught.  Many that feel this way, will be crying for help as they are being over run.  Divide and Conquer!

I am reminded of a Marine Crew Chief on a Huey UH1E in Vietnam who was being ridiculed for being in the air wing rather than being a grunt on the ground.  He told those who were laughing at him this.  "When you are out on patrol and Charlie starts shooting, the first thing you guys do is hide and start screaming for Air Support: I have no place to hide, and the minute one of you gets hit, you start screaming for medi-vac; when we get hit, we will most likely be dead.  So just keep fucking with me, and next time I'll leave your ass out there". 

Offline joshua79109

• Donating Member
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2012, 02:38:47 pm »

I have kept quiet in this thread for personal reasons, but I agree with most of what you have stated here in this post.  Unfortunately, your last paragraph is how many of our members feel.  And because of that, they will not be able to withstand the onslaught.  Many that feel this way, will be crying for help as they are being over run.  Divide and Conquer!

I am reminded of a Marine Crew Chief on a Huey UH1E in Vietnam who was being ridiculed for being in the air wing rather than being a grunt on the ground.  He told those who were laughing at him this.  "When you are out on patrol and Charlie starts shooting, the first thing you guys do is hide and start screaming for Air Support: I have no place to hide, and the minute one of you gets hit, you start screaming for medi-vac; when we get hit, we will most likely be dead.  So just keep fucking with me, and next time I'll leave your ass out there".

Man...... I'm not sure if that 2nd paragraph is supposed to be funny or not, but as a prior service Marine it really made me laugh.

Not to make light of what the Crew Chief said though.  I lived though a couple of things that make me understand exactly what he is saying I believe.  I guess it's really that last sentence that makes me laugh.

Anyway, thanks.

Offline rdm

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2012, 04:00:57 pm »
did anyone here go?if so how was it?just curious

Offline gunjunkie

• Donating Member
  • Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2012, 04:28:13 pm »
I was wondering about it too.
"He who knows nothing is nearer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehood and errors."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline amarillobluesman13

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2012, 04:41:13 pm »
Well either those who did go r keeping quiet or no one went lol I had actually forgotten all about it till now lol

Offline rdm

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2012, 11:24:00 am »
i guess we ran off txtail :rofl:

Dinkidao

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2012, 01:11:19 pm »
i guess we ran off txtail :rofl:

Not really something to be proud of.  I hated to see him go.  Although I didn't agree with all he said, at least I was willing to listen with an open mind. 
There are none so blind as he who will not see!

Offline countrymusicjdb

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2012, 01:52:59 pm »
I wanted to go but forgot all about it. I would have liked to seen him stick around im sure he would have had good insights into firearms and survival stuff and it's not like he was craming the militia stuff down our throats
Well boys I've got 4 bullets and there's 3 of y'all, who wants to get shot twice

Offline rdm

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2012, 03:38:36 pm »
i just think when a person introduces the subject of "militia"into a public forum such as this one.he should be ready for some critisism which he most certainly got.i would like to have his input on other subjects it was not "my"intention to run him off,he decided not to be part of the discussion any longer.just think he was a little too touch feely about what he introduced into this forum.and yes i think he would have some good insight on other gun related subjects and would invite him back to do so.

Offline txwildflower45

• Donating Member
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2012, 04:50:30 pm »
I always hate to see someone stop participating but I think it might have been a better idea to hang around a bit and meet some folks before throwing the whole "militia" thing out there.  I think a lot of people may get the wrong impression (myself included) when a person joins and immediately started throwing around terms like that first thing.  Like it or not the term militia has a stigma attached to it thanks to the media and we have become conditioned to that. 
Another day in this carnival of souls
Another night settles in as quickly as it goes
The memories are shadows, ink on the page
And I can't seem to find my way home

Offline joshua79109

• Donating Member
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2012, 09:11:22 pm »
I like the term militia......

But I like history too, not just recent history.

Offline loaded

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2012, 12:21:49 am »
He lost me at the color of boots I could wear.... Oh well, I'm sure it was good intentions on his part :boohoo:
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction