Username: Password:

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: The Texas Militia - Open Meeting  (Read 11895 times)

Offline amarillobluesman13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Texas Militia - Open Meeting
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2012, 08:00:03 am »
I was actually kinda disappointed he didnt stick around...like yall stated earlier he coulda had some good insight on other topics & I really dont fault him for inviting others to his cause but I do believe some of the points made during his brief stay had juice to 'em & like u said Wildflower theres a stigma attached to the word 'militia' but I was a lill more intrigued not because of the stigma per se but since the oppertunity presented itself one could find out firsthand if the stigma n this case held any water...i myself was interested to knpw the civic duties it has/had been a part of since if u cant rally the ppl to ur cause & they see u as a 'threat' u may as well 'be' one n their eyes...

Dinkidao

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2012, 08:16:24 am »
I believe that he just thought he had found a group of people that might be interested in something that he himself was extremely passionate about.  It's hard not to blurt out to those you perceive as friends, when you find something that excites you.

Offline amarillobluesman13

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2012, 08:49:22 am »
I believe that he just thought he had found a group of people that might be interested in something that he himself was extremely passionate about.  It's hard not to blurt out to those you perceive as friends, when you find something that excites you.
Can ya fault the guy? I mean he thought that surely a forum of local gun owners would be interested in such considering the state of our country & the subject content in the forum speaks volumes I personally just don't think he was prepared for the criticism he ultimately got fair or not...He prolly figured he'd get some sure (since everyone NEVER agrees on anything 100%) but I just don't think he was quite prepared for what he did get...

Offline flb_78

• AGO 5-0
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Always watching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2012, 06:20:03 pm »
He's the 2nd person to bring a "militia" to the forum. Neither one hung around long when they found out that most of us don't want to run in Camo and AR's pretending to GI Joe. Both folks also seemed to be here only to push their "militia" agenda and upping their membership instead of actually participating in our forum.

Offline Robbie

• Administrator
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 2
  • I carry a gun, because a cop is too heavy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2012, 07:48:53 pm »
He's the 2nd person to bring a "militia" to the forum. Neither one hung around long when they found out that most of us don't want to run in Camo and AR's pretending to GI Joe. Both folks also seemed to be here only to push their "militia" agenda and upping their membership instead of actually participating in our forum.
x2
Regards,
Robbie

If guns cause crime, pencils mispel werds, and spoons made Rosie O'Donell fat.

Offline txwildflower45

• Donating Member
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2012, 09:59:00 pm »
Can ya fault the guy? I mean he thought that surely a forum of local gun owners would be interested in such considering the state of our country & the subject content in the forum speaks volumes I personally just don't think he was prepared for the criticism he ultimately got fair or not...He prolly figured he'd get some sure (since everyone NEVER agrees on anything 100%) but I just don't think he was quite prepared for what he did get...

I can totally understand about wanting to share with everyone you know something that you are passionate about; get me started talking about dogs and you will find that out pretty quick!  lol  I believe his heart was probably in the right place, I just think the approach was a bit off.  Also I don't think anyone here was rude about anything; most pointed out some valid points about the website and such but it is hard to convey good intention online.  Without the advantage of tone of voice and body language constructive criticism can easily be mistaken for judgement. IMHO
Another day in this carnival of souls
Another night settles in as quickly as it goes
The memories are shadows, ink on the page
And I can't seem to find my way home

Offline Gunslinger15

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2012, 07:09:36 pm »

One issue -- other than the complete abortion (1000 yard AK) created by Red Jacket, what AK47 fires .308? The site is posting incorrect information for the ammunition to the preferred weapon. Additionally -- if the group is going to prefer certain weapons, they should also know that not all AR weapons are chambered for 223 or 5.56 -- there is a difference, and it using ammunition in a firearm for which it was not designed present a dangerous safety situation.

Thats funny as I have a 308win chambered Saiga AK sitting right beside me at this very momment........ Maybe check your information before you assume others is incorrect.

Offline butters

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2012, 07:17:34 pm »

One issue -- other than the complete abortion (1000 yard AK) created by Red Jacket, what AK47 fires .308? The site is posting incorrect information for the ammunition to the preferred weapon. Additionally -- if the group is going to prefer certain weapons, they should also know that not all AR weapons are chambered for 223 or 5.56 -- there is a difference, and it using ammunition in a firearm for which it was not designed present a dangerous safety situation.

Thats funny as I have a 308win chambered Saiga AK sitting right beside me at this very momment........ Maybe check your information before you assume others is incorrect.

Do you happen to be a member of the Texas militia?
Rule with an iron fist, in a velvet glove, resting on the butt of a rifle.

Luck all depends on which side of the shotgun you are standing on!

Offline flb_78

• AGO 5-0
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Always watching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2012, 07:22:52 pm »

Im sure there are AK's chambered in every caliber out there. Id like one in 762x54R.

http://punchingpaper.com/ak-47-in-7-62x54r/

Offline G21C

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2012, 10:20:41 pm »
Hahaha....I was just remembering Bill Clinton.....
....that depends on what you definition of IS....is......

You might call a Saiga an AK, but technically, it's not an AK....it's a Saiga. Most Saiga owners refer to them as ...well....their Saiga's. Yes, You can alter a Saiga to the same configuration as an AK, but the copy Uberti makes of the SA Colt is still an Uberti as well. Not a Colt.
So, I guess, for the sake of being a true firearms enthusiast, decipher the difference maybe.
Of the AR's I have, I only refer to 2 of them as M4's, because they are true Colt M4's. The others are variants. The other's are Charlie, Mabel, and Fred.  :lol:

Im sure there are AK's chambered in every caliber out there. Id like one in 762x54R.

[url]http://punchingpaper.com/ak-47-in-7-62x54r/[/url]

That's an interesting piece there Flb. Not having much experience with .308 or 7.62x54, how much difference is there in the two rounds? Wouldn't there be enough unburnt powder with a 16in barrel to throw off the curve?

Offline flb_78

• AGO 5-0
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Always watching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2012, 05:44:55 pm »

http://punchingpaper.com/ak-47-in-7-62x54r/

That's an interesting piece there Flb. Not having much experience with .308 or 7.62x54, how much difference is there in the two rounds? Wouldn't there be enough unburnt powder with a 16in barrel to throw off the curve?

I have no idea, but I bet it kicks like a mule!!

Offline hink

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2012, 04:35:34 pm »

Thanks for dropping in your two cents long after the conversation is over.

The conversation was between me and the OP, and since the comments I made were specifically relating to the accuracy of the information provided on the site, and that information was accepted by the OP to be inaccurate as written.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 04:51:25 pm by flb_78 »

Offline Rancher

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Gun Enthusiast
  • Richard Henry Lee on "militia"in the 2nd Amendment
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2012, 10:33:01 pm »
My main interest, as an honorable discharged veteran, of belonging to a militia as stated in the Texas Constitution is to help prevent the liberal left wingers telling me that the Constitution's second amendemnt applys only to militias.
Belonging only takes that out of their argument. I personally do not believe that was what was meant but if they stay in control watch out.
I have read enought of the writings of the founding fathers to know that they meant every citizen, mitilia or not.
Also, I don't believe that in the 1770's any rule existed about uniforms. Men with arms we ask to come to the aid of the cause and came they did. Some with no shoes.
Rancher
Militias, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves and include all men capable of bearing arms. [...] To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.--Senator Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Offline WrongWay

• Donating Member
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2012, 10:57:43 pm »
Well said rancher.   Interesting thought... 
"Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong. " 
Calvin Coolidge