Username: Password:

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Poll

Please rate your experience and provide helpful comments for others

***** - Great all around Gun Shop
73 (75.3%)
**** - Good, but not Great
18 (18.6%)
*** - Fair, could use improvement
3 (3.1%)
** - Bad, needs to improve in a few areas
2 (2.1%)
* - Very Bad, don't waste your time
1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Author Topic: Review: Erwin's Pawn  (Read 28342 times)

Offline flb_78

• AGO 5-0
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 0
  • Always watching...
    • View Profile
Re: Review: Erwin's Pawn
« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2010, 09:31:30 pm »
Went to Erwins today for the first time and got some prices. After going to three other gun stores to compare I went back t0 Erwins and walked out with a Taurus 24/7 .40 and a Ruger P95. They were great to deal with and had great prices I will be Back

Just think of how much you would have saved in gas if you had just bought them the first time you were there!!

Offline DoubleJ

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2010, 09:38:55 pm »
It seems like they want to sell you something even if it's clearly not what you're looking for.  I think they are knowledgeable, but they're a little on the salesman side.  Great prices, Great selection, great customer service.  I would give them an A- in knowledgeability, because I don't want to hear how accurate a mini-14 (the consensus is not much), but that didn't stop them from trying to "market" it as a tack driver to me.  At the same time I give them high marks in customer service just because they are nice to deal with. Just know exactly what you want before you go in and don't settle.

Offline Mizark

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2010, 12:30:41 am »
It seems like they want to sell you something even if it's clearly not what you're looking for.  I think they are knowledgeable, but they're a little on the salesman side.  Great prices, Great selection, great customer service.  I would give them an A- in knowledgeability, because I don't want to hear how accurate a mini-14 (the consensus is not much), but that didn't stop them from trying to "market" it as a tack driver to me.  At the same time I give them high marks in customer service just because they are nice to deal with. Just know exactly what you want before you go in and don't settle.

I imagine what they were speaking of was a new mini-14. The older models had very so-so accuracy. However the newer releases have fixed the accuracy issues and are now on par(accuracy wise) with most AR style guns.

FSUFAN can verify the accuracy of the newer style Mini-14s. As he has a very nice one for sale right now!
We are the first, last, and only line of defense.

Offline JSir

• AGO 5-0
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • I Love Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2010, 09:47:15 am »
I went in the yesterday and David had 2 of the new XDm .45's so I put one on layaway.  David was nice as always and I even got the gun cheaper than it would have been ordering it online.  Great place

Offline RustyShackleford

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2010, 11:28:35 am »

I imagine what they were speaking of was a new mini-14. The older models had very so-so accuracy. However the newer releases have fixed the accuracy issues and are now on par(accuracy wise) with most AR style guns.

FSUFAN can verify the accuracy of the newer style Mini-14s. As he has a very nice one for sale right now!

You are being kind.  The old Mini-14s had about pie-plate accuracy at 50 yards.

Offline FFBull

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2010, 08:33:28 pm »
Just ordered my AR-15 from Erwins.  I told him what I wanted and asked if he knew the advantages and disadvantages of a piston system.  He made a phone call and then dropped the knowledge on me.  Good price. Every time some one passed by me they asked me if they could help.  Ill be doing my gun purchasingat ERWINS from now on.  I use the word "HIM" cause me no smart, but me kan lft heevy thengs, ands mees candt remembererer hees nam.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 10:12:15 pm by FFBull »
Silence is golden, but ductape is silver.

Offline Wrighton

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2010, 07:57:54 pm »
Stopped in to pick up a receiver cover with picatinny on it today for my AK.  Hayden spent 30 minutes with a file to make sure it fit just right.  This was for a $30 part.  He acted like I was spending a bundle and I hadn't even bought the AK there but from a friend.  You just cant beat that kind of service.
Thats just crazy talk.

Offline FFBull

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2010, 10:54:43 pm »
I picked up my Stag from Erwins on Thursday. Dean was great we did the paper work, then when I was about to leave he threw in a Magpul magazine and two boxes of ammo.  Ill never do business any where else, they have a customer for life here.
Silence is golden, but ductape is silver.

Offline JMc

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 20, 2010, 08:50:22 pm »
Like JSir, I too looked at the XDM .45; but it rode home with me in the front seat.  They moved a little on price and I played paper, rock, scissors for a box of ammo.  Best two out of three; I won, tied, and won...hehehe; don't ever play PRS with a principal, I do it all the time.  Anyway, Erwins was great as usual.  Not sure who sold me the gun, but it was a very young lady whom I assume is David's daughter???  Shot the XDM today and it shoots wonderfully.  Needs a trigger job but not bad.  I shot a Kimber Match .45, a Gold Cup .45, and an STI .45.  With the exception of the trigger, the XDM competes and has less recoil.

Also, saw Rebelmax in the shop; great guy and yep we both dropped some cash... ;D

Offline kellymc

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 20, 2010, 10:17:34 pm »
your going to kill your dad  putting down the single stack gold cup like that.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 05:46:36 am by kellymc »
This post is being monitored by our Surveillance State

Stellarvore

« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2010, 03:10:50 pm »
I dropped by there the other day out of curiosity, after hearing so many good things here. They had a pretty good selection of used firearms, and they had a nice AK for a decent price.  I said I was just looking, heard good things about their store from local folks - it's always instantly obvious that I'm not from 'round here when I open my mouth. 

The staff was pretty friendly, and made sure I had all my questions answered, and that I was sure I didn't need anything else while I was with them.  I don't know their names, though, but it seemed like business was booming in there and good deals were being made.  I'll go back next time I'm going to buy something, for sure.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 03:12:49 pm by Stellarvore »

Offline danny66

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2010, 06:43:14 am »
for amarillo its ok
Ride Hard Live Hard Shoot Strait

Offline Wrighton

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 07, 2010, 06:23:11 pm »
well we are in Amarillo.  They are a blue collar gun store, and since my friends and I are all blue collar types we like them.  If  you can beat their prices I would be surprised, if you can beat their service I would be shocked.
Thats just crazy talk.

Offline Darkpriest667

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 08, 2010, 10:56:36 am »
this same guy said he thought riverfields had decent prices and wasnt a bad place LOL  must be one of those safari types.
"In God we trust, all others we monitor" - NSA motto

AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother------ in the room, accept no substitutes.

Offline Wrighton

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 08, 2010, 07:57:38 pm »
no accounting for taste.  shop where you are happy, leave the bargains for me. 
Thats just crazy talk.

Offline Lono122

• Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2010, 03:44:53 am »
Before this thread gets hijacked.
Most places have a deal every now and then. Some have them more often. I have found some great deals in this town, and I have been shocked by some prices.

Erwins has always treated me right, and for that I will go there before I check anyone else. If you get a deal at some other store, good. Glad you saved a buck.

I have never purchased anything from riverfields, and only been in there a few times. my impression was not great. But Erwins has done me right time and time again.

So I guess what I am saying is- shop where you want, stand up for whatever business you like, but at least share some pics.

Offline Darkpriest667

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2010, 09:54:45 am »
their customer service is second to none period.
"In God we trust, all others we monitor" - NSA motto

AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother------ in the room, accept no substitutes.

Offline Txlaw1

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2010, 10:10:07 am »
their customer service is second to none period.

I just found Erwin's Pawn Shop for the first time yesterday.  They were very helpful and I was pleased with their stock of guns and ammo and prices.   I looked at a couple of guns but put off a decision.  I did walk out with something. A $2.00 DVD of the Manchurian Candidate to see if it fits any pols we know! 
Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36 NET) Also, Jesus said, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed"(Luke 11:21 NAS)

Offline joshua79109

• Donating Member
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2010, 07:38:38 pm »
Another great FFL transfer.  Great place to do business.
Joshua 24:14-15

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Offline Txlaw1

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2010, 09:13:56 pm »
Another great FFL transfer.  Great place to do business.

What is their fee for FFL transfer?  Thanks.
Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36 NET) Also, Jesus said, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed"(Luke 11:21 NAS)

Offline JSir

• AGO 5-0
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • I Love Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2010, 02:19:09 pm »
Went in to Erwins today at lunch and took my XDm .45 Bi-Tone out of layway.  Great gun and great service as always.

Offline JSir

• AGO 5-0
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • I Love Spam
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2010, 07:09:54 pm »
I went back today and traded my new XDm in for a couple of .22s that I liked instead.  David and everyone there was more than helpful and even stayed late helping me.  They were even cool enough to give me what I paid and didn't hesitate one bit!  Once again, the best business in Amarillo to deal with and the best people hands down.  They didn't have to hook me up like they did and I appreciate everyone out there...

Offline countrymusicjdb

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2010, 01:37:07 pm »
stopped in erwin pawn yesterday they made me a fair deal and were alot of help as usual.
Well boys I've got 4 bullets and there's 3 of y'all, who wants to get shot twice

Offline Blooze

• Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2010, 10:19:06 am »
Went to Erwins last Sat. and put an XD-9 Tactical on layaway.  David was busy with someone else, but Corey took very good care of me and made me feel very comfortable with my first pistol purchase.  Can't wait to get it off layaway, but I think I'll make myself wait till the last day of it cuz that's my B-day.

Offline countrymusicjdb

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2010, 04:27:32 pm »
check out erwins new website, it freaked me out and is still under construction but the gun section works and it looks good. erwinpawn.com
Well boys I've got 4 bullets and there's 3 of y'all, who wants to get shot twice