Username: Password:

Sorry, you must be logged in to use the shoutbox!

Author Topic: Anyone interested?  (Read 1043 times)

Offline amarillobluesman13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 0
    • View Profile
Anyone interested?
« on: November 28, 2012, 11:28:48 am »
I know there's some here who aren't fans of my 'crappy bands' *cough* FORREST! *cough*  :rofl: but figured I'd extend this invitation to check out my current musical project's upcoming show @ Friendz on 10th this Friday evening...we are called Hatcher's Run we're more of a rock/alternative band so idk how many of ya'lls fancies that'd tickle (its a 180 from my main band Da Boogiemen, which I'm still a part of...speaking of we'll be releasing our upcoming album hopefully after the new year I'll post whenever it's ready and we have our release party set up if there's any interest in that u can see some of our material that'll be on the CD at reverbnation.com/daboogiemen) but ya'll are more than welcome...an impromptu AGO meeting if u will....btw I'll be the young guy in the fedora LOL Hope to see some of ya's, some for the first time others for a second or third... :rockout:

Offline G21C

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone interested?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 06:12:22 pm »
I would be interested, if I lived there.
When you say "Rock/Alternative", does that include classic rock?

Offline amarillobluesman13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 09:07:47 pm »
well we do a cpl classic rock tunes...a list of artists we cover are: Ted Nugent ("Cat Scratch Fever"), Pink Floyd (Comfortably Numb"), Lynyrd Skynyrd ("Simple Man" "Free Bird"), Matchbox 20 ("3 A.M." "Slide") Clutch ("Electric Worry") Nirvana ("Heart-Shaped Box") The White Buffalo ("The Pilot") Tom Petty ("Break Down")...and thats just off the top of my head LOL Can't possibly think of them all right off hand lol

Offline txwildflower45

• Donating Member
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
  • Liked: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 06:21:50 am »
well we do a cpl classic rock tunes...a list of artists we cover are: Ted Nugent ("Cat Scratch Fever"), Pink Floyd (Comfortably Numb"), Lynyrd Skynyrd ("Simple Man" "Free Bird"), Matchbox 20 ("3 A.M." "Slide") Clutch ("Electric Worry") Nirvana ("Heart-Shaped Box") The White Buffalo ("The Pilot") Tom Petty ("Break Down")...and thats just off the top of my head LOL Can't possibly think of them all right off hand lol

What time does the show start?  What's the cover charge?  Is it an all ages place?  I will see if Brett wants to go or not; with the weather change his back has been giving him fits again and he gets to hurting pretty bad if he has to sit in a hard chair for very long.  I was going to ask one of girlfriends if she and her son wanted to go; he is 15 that is why I was wondering about the age thing.

bang, bang, bang, bang!  vamanos, vamanos! my favorite part of the song, lol.  Electric Worry is a far cry from Binge and Purge isn't it?  lol  Every time I listen to that song I half expect the apocalypse to start; the first part of the song just sounds like impending doom and the second part I can just picture the most brutal of all MMA matches or something where someone is getting the beat down of their life. (This description probably will not make sense to anyone other than you and I though. lol)

Anyway that is quite the set list you have there; should be really good! I hope we get to come out.
Another day in this carnival of souls
Another night settles in as quickly as it goes
The memories are shadows, ink on the page
And I can't seem to find my way home

Offline chartreuse

• AGO 5-0
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 05:31:28 pm »
I'd love to have come, but the wife is working and I couldn't possibly go to a gig without having a beer or two - it would be plain wrong!

Have a good one!

PS: Do you do any Prog Rock?
A kitten told me to do it.

Offline G21C

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 07:27:13 pm »
Wish I could make it. I like live music. It's three times the experience of listening to a recording.
I suppose you open your gig then with the national anthem ("FreeBird"?   :lol:
Hope you all have a great time there. Maybe someday I'll be able to make it. Sounds fun.

Offline chartreuse

• AGO 5-0
  • Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 09:50:17 pm »
Wish I could make it. I like live music. It's three times the experience of listening to a recording.

You're not kidding. I once flew to Berlin to see Tom Waits play, 'cos it's so much better live. Man, that was one of those experiences that you fold up neatly, tuck in your pocket and cherish for the rest of your life. It even beat the time that I roadied for David Bowie.  :rockout:
A kitten told me to do it.

Offline G21C

• Super Gun Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 10:48:36 pm »
Oh yeah.
Some bands, too, really put on a show.
When I was in high school, in the early 70's, I went to an Alice Cooper concert in Madison Wisc.
He's still doing his thing today. The opening act that night, was lesser knowns, and first impression, was they were going to be a downer. I mean, back then, what would you expect out of three guys all holdin guitars. Wearing cowboy hats at a rock concert? Of course......they kicked a$$$

Hey ABM!
Can you add "La Grange" to your list?